At Refresh Dental in Brisbane we can brighten up your smile with a teeth whitening treatment. This has become a popular treatment with patients. It is a quick and convenient treatment that will leave your teeth beautifully white, enhancing your appearance.
Your smile is one of your most attractive features and healthy, white teeth play an important part in achieving a beautiful smile and successful image.
A Teeth whitening treatment is a cosmetic dental procedure performed by dentists. The procedure can assist in removing staining caused by:
- Red Wine
- Food Colouring
At Refresh Dental we can assist in rejuvenating your smile with a safe teeth whitening treatment. We can also provide a take-home whitening product to assist you to maintain your new bright smile.
Our in-practice Zoom Whitespeed treatment is clinically proven to whiten teeth up to 8 shades and takes approximately 90 minutes. In one appointment you will achieve astounding results whilst comfortably reclining and watching a DVD of your choice.
Our take-home treatment uses two custom made whitening trays that are created from a mould of your teeth. The take home treatment allows you to apply the whitening treatment in the comfort of your own home. Best results are achieved after one to two weeks, with daily application for 30 minutes.
Why should you consult your dentist first?
The risks of experiencing negative side effects from teeth whitening products increases when using products not endorsed by your dentist. Underlying factors like pre-existing dental conditions can impact on the long-term results of whitening and vice versa.
Possible side-effects could include:
- Transient increased tooth sensitivity
- Minor burns to the gums
- Enhanced “whiteness” of existing white spots within the teeth
We advise that you seek professional advice from your dentist before using teeth whitening products.
Is Teeth Whitening for you?
- Check with your dentist first. Your dentist is a qualified professional and will be able to advise if teeth whitening is a suitable treatment for you.
- Not everyone’s teeth can be whitened particularly if the teeth and gums are not in a healthy condition prior to treatment.
- Your dentist will check your teeth thoroughly for things like enamel thickness, receding gums, tooth decay and degree of sensitivity before recommending a suitable whitening treatment.
- Your dentist will advise you on what can be reasonably achieved from a teeth whitening treatment.
Who can assess suitability for teeth whitening treatments?
There are a number of places offering teeth whitening treatments in the market place, however only your dentist is qualified to assess suitability of a person’s teeth for this treatment.
Before you decide on treatment:
- Have you tried other ways to improve the colour of your teeth such as a general scale and clean?
- Have you had your teeth assessed by your dentist for suitability?
- Are you aware of the side-effects associated with teeth whitening?
For more information on teeth whitening procedures at Refresh Dental visit our website https://www.refreshdental.com.au/teeth-whitening/